Monday 22 October 2012

New York the third

I spent most of today loitering in and around Times Square, waiting for my show and watching tourists do weird stuff, like flipping compulsively through racks and racks of I heart NY T-shirts. What, do they think the next one might say "I Squirtle NY"?

Nobody needs to see photos of Times Square, but here are some anyway... 




The show I saw, The Book of Mormon, was extremely silly and I really liked it. Aside from the dancing, which is something that gives me the icks in most musical theatre - all that standard kick, twirl, clap, kick, clap, kick, jazz hands, really, what is it adding?

3 comments:

  1. Broadway just makes me think of Vegas with all it's plays and famous people in plays. Except, instead of plays Vegas has shows.

    ... I think that made sense in my head before I started.

    Anyway, go see Matthew Broderick, cos he's dorky cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is dorky cool! You just made me remember when he was on 30 Rock a couple of weeks ago.

    "Ow!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Book of Mormon! Such a good show, in such a weird theatre. Did you go to Toys R Us? It has a ferris wheel INSIDE the store. Also, Shake Shack. Find one and eat a burger. But probably not the Times Square one cos it's insane.

    ReplyDelete